VAC virtual audio control

Information and Issues installing and using Virtual Audio Connections and Virtual Serial Port Pairs related to communication between PowerSDR and your PC programs.
This is where you interface to PC digital mode programs and logging software.
ve3ryi

VAC virtual audio control

Post by ve3ryi »

Hi Mark here.
I have a flex 3000 and doing digital with it for years. With Virtual Audio Cable Control Panel (full version). Had to rebuild my computer. This is the fun part.
I have all programs installed and the PowerSDR. working good with logging. installed the VAC. I am finding it is not making a set of lines, like (line 1 & line 2) but making double line 1s. I set it for one set and it putting two line 1s (line 1 & line 1). then I try making two sets. it shows me line 2 & line 2.
Its making doubles lines not sets. I have emailed the https://vac.muzychenko.net/en/support.htm. he is just telling me I don't understand how it works. Never had a problem tell this rebuild and I have done many and new computers as well worked good all the time and set up was a breeze.

I know with com- ports you have to remove them before you make new ones. did I miss something?
I try setting the inputs/outputs to the line 1s and things don't work. So I made 2 sets and try picking a 1 and a 2 line. Then I was not sure if i picked the right set. So I rename one of the 1 line as IN 1 and a line 2 as out 2. So i can see a different and did all kinds of arrangements. I ended up with
Line1, in 1, Line2 , out 2 to pick from. no luck.
I added a picture of the set up of the programs. If I only have 1 set in the VAC it show line1 & line2, But in Device Manager it shows as Line1 & line1.
make a second set it makes line2 & line2 in Device Manager.

The fun being a Ham. lol
Mark
VE3RYI
Attachments
Set up Line March 13 2024.JPG
Set up Line March 13 2024.JPG (627.32 KiB) Viewed 325 times
ve3ryi

Re: VAC virtual audio control

Post by ve3ryi »

well I got it fixed. did a complete rebuild. now there is only 2 lines to pick from.