Controling a remote Switch

Anything related to Remotely operating PowerSDR, including all your accessories (Tuners, Amps, Antenna rotor, etc.)
ve3ryi

Controling a remote Switch

Post by ve3ryi »

Hi
I have a flex 3000, PowerSDR v2.8.0304
I am looking to see if I can control a Remote antenna switch. ( Ameritron RCS-10 ) with the flex 3000 or is it by the computer?
I am sure I seen something about it. just can't find it.

thanks
Mark
ke9ns
Site Admin

Re: Controling a remote Switch

Post by ke9ns »

Under Setup->CAT Control, I have added "CX-AUTO" Coax switch (COM port CI-V link). I also added the HyGain "Rotor controller" interface.

I think the RCS-10 has a discrete coax selection terminals on the back of the remote control box? Not sure?

Maybe DDUtil, OR DDUtil & Flexwire together?

If you want a particular antenna selected for a particular set of bands, you could use the Flexwire I^C interface (see the Flexwire left side link on my website). Ebay sells the I^C chips mounted on a PCB ready to put into a project.
FlexWire allows you to get a discrete signal output per band or even a group of bands. So you could wire it up to have 10,15,20m outputs trigger a particular coax on the RCS-10

But I do not have any way to use the FlexWire for you to just select an coax input on the RCS-10.

But maybe DDUtil might have it.
I no longer use DDUtil since "Setup->CAT Control" now does what I needed DDUtil for. So a while back I uninstalled it.

Darrin
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
Flex-5000, LDMOS and Titan Amps, G5RV, and Mosley TA-33 Junior