win 11 blue screen when power off powersdr

General Info for PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8 (for the SDR-1000, Flex-1500, Flex-3000, and Flex-5000 only).
frantek

win 11 blue screen when power off powersdr

Post by frantek »

my system blue screen errors every time I stop the PowerSDR. I removed instance of Virus protection and restarted and reloaded SDR but same issue.
HP Ryzen 5 4600G processor with 12 Gb ram and ssd 512 drive.Using Syba 2 port 1394B PCI-X card.
ke9ns
Site Admin

Re: win 11 blue screen when power off powersdr

Post by ke9ns »

I am running Win11 x64 pro with no issues.

What Flex model do you have?
What is the Error message on the Blue screen?

If you shut down your Flex radio, can you run PowerSDR in DEMO mode without it crashing?

Darrin
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
Flex-5000, LDMOS and Titan Amps, G5RV, and Mosley TA-33 Junior
frantek

Post by frantek »

with flex5000 off try to start in demo mode and get these errors
Port Audio Error -9998
Invalid Number of Channels

Port Audio Error -9988
Invalid Stream Pointer
I will post error code when it happens.
Tks Darrin
ke9ns
Site Admin

Post by ke9ns »

PowerSDR requires that you have at least 1 Recording device (i.e. Mic)
Even if you dont intend on using it, you are required (its always been that way).

I would just go and download the free Voicemeeter Banana or VB-Cable (which will allow you to do virtual audio).
installing that will automatically install playback and recording devices.

Darrin
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
frantek

Post by frantek »

I think I found dilemma. I turned off a lot of the power saving features like sleep, hard drive, but left screen saver. so far so good. Darrin tks for the insight to the demo problem. Have a blessed day.
ve3ryi

Post by ve3ryi »

Hi Darrin
thanks for all you do. love the updates.
My trouble is the Blue screen (PFN). I see you added a PFN fix on the set up. I was hopping it was the fix. well I am still getting the screen and things shut down. I am up to date on all drivers and programs plus windows 10 Home. Flex 3000, Running a Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz 16GB ram. 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
I see the 1394 OHCI is sharing IRQ with (PCI) 16 Chipset Family USB enhanced host Controller-1E2D with the (PCI) 16 VIC 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller.
I have remove my video card so I can move the 1394 card over. hoping that would change things. no luck

This all started this year. all started with: I turn on powerSDR and nothing came up so I click on it again and it come up telling me I have it running. lol
I looked every place and don't see it, so I reboot the computer and it all works OK, for a day or two. then a windows update would happen and I have the same thing. reboot it and its OK. THEN the blue screen thing started. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Programs/Drivers and have reinstalled Windows 10 Home, 3 to 5 times. I have looked for a fix, no luck

It Happens when I: turn off,change Modes, turn on/off VAC and change Bands.

Pss: The last update from you I turn on powerSDR and start the radio. I get no sound tell I turn on Mute and turn it back off them I get sound. FYI

I well be looking for any info or fix of the windows PFN thing.
thanks

Mark
ke9ns
Site Admin

Post by ke9ns »

Do you still have an IRQ conflict with your FireWire Card?

Your Video card needs to go in the designated slot (the PCIe slot is usually some other color to designate that its for the video card)
so you really do not want to move it.

The FireWire card can go into any other PCIe slot (large or small). But with that said, your BIOS might not clean up the IRQ. The only hope at that point is the MSI IRQ (see my webpage)

Darrin
ve3ryi

Post by ve3ryi »

Hi Darrin

Yes still getting the blue screen. I have removed the video card and moved the fire Wire card over to the spot the video card was in.
here is what I find in Device Manager.

If this helps. I have been running it and it not as bad as it was. I can deal with it now. lot better after I removed the video card.

thanks for all you are doing.

I mite look into going back to windows 7 computer only and have it on my home network only with no updates and do remote in to it from another computer. something new to learn. lol
Attachments
this  shows the ISA with the VIA 1394 OHCI
this shows the ISA with the VIA 1394 OHCI
Capture Comtrol Manager.PNG (21.4 KiB) Viewed 23668 times
this shows the VIC1394 OHCI host controller with the Intel(R)  sharing
this shows the VIC1394 OHCI host controller with the Intel(R) sharing
Capture 16 IRQs.PNG (9 KiB) Viewed 23668 times
ke9ns
Site Admin

Post by ke9ns »

Well your down to just 1 IRQ conflict, but you still do have a conflict. You could try the IRQ MSI trick that i found (and reported on my website under the FireWire link). It can be risky so you need to make sure you have a Recovery thumbdrive created before attempting.

If you try Win7 SP1, I would be interested to know if the IRQ conflict clears up (if your using a different hard drive on the same computer)?

Darrin