Requests

Installation questions, Setup, and general information not covered in the other sub-forums
W6DRZ

Requests

Post by W6DRZ »

Is this the proper venue for improvements and additional features?
ke9ns
Site Admin

Re: Requests

Post by ke9ns »

Yes. But, I wont necessarily always be able to fill a "request". My time, and my skill level with DSP is limited, so It all depends. :)
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
Flex-5000, LDMOS and Titan Amps, G5RV, and Mosley TA-33 Junior
W6DRZ

Post by W6DRZ »

OK. Here is one suggestion:
I use Power SDR with a Flex 1500
It would be useful if the names for the antenna selection could be user defined, for instance, “dipole” instead of “PA”, or “Vertical” instead of “XVRX”.
ke9ns
Site Admin

Post by ke9ns »

Yes. I have had others suggest the same thing for the 1500,3000, and 5000. You would be limited in the length of the name because of the space available in the small panel (without having to redo everything). But I can take a look
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
W5UC

Post by W5UC »

Darrin,

Thanks again for all of your hard work. I was wondering, is there a way to change the source for your local weather. I have an Acurite weather station and it always varies a bit from the report that is currently in use. Not a problem, but just curious more than anything.

W5UC
Mike
ke9ns
Site Admin

Post by ke9ns »

PowerSDR uses only your Lat & Long values to determine the weather.
I found a bunch of sites for weather data, but it normally requires a City, or a special WOEID "Where On the Earth ID" number

The only sites I found that take Lat & Long are not free.
I was only able to find NOAA.(https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.p ... &lon=xx.xx)
The NOAA data appears to only work for North America.

If you or anyone knows of a free global site that allows Lat & Long values, I would be very interested if it works across the globe.

Darrin ke9ns
Bob Edwards

Post by Bob Edwards »

I much enjoy using your PowerSDR version with my flex 3000, which is a first rate application now.

I have also been looking at the source code to adapt to my own software radio written in LabView for the Multus Proficio (a softrock like transceiver kit)

I modified the squelch algorithm to include a timer, user settable between 0 - 1s. This transforms the squelch from really annoying to very listenable when on SSB. The timer keeps the squelch open between syllables and short pauses, especially useful when a signal isn't very powerful above the noise level. For CW, the timer can always be knocked back to 0s to get the original feel.

I'm sorry I can't provide code as it is in LabView, not C. I thought it might be a good suggestion for your improvements, though.

Best regards, Bob G4BBY, SW UK