BSOD New Computer

Installation questions, Setup, and general information not covered in the other sub-forums
n2rga

Re: BSOD New Computer

Post by n2rga »

Update.
I went to SABA's website It pointed to another website that gave directions on what to do with the driver it said do not use the legacy driver for Windows 11 use the Windows 11 driver. I ran latencyMon for an hour and a half and had no problems.
This cards a 400-speed and doesn't require the power cable.
so far no BOD. I hope I did spit up in the air LOL
Mitch
N2RGA
ke9ns
Site Admin

Post by ke9ns »

OK on the 2nd FireWire card, on the Win11 FireWire drivers and on the no anti-virus.

Just to confirm, when you uninstalled PowerSDR, did you uninstall the Flexradio.exe program as well?
If you went in Windows control panel->programs and features, it would be listed as "Flexradio 4.1.3.17357". That must be uninstalled by itself.
Did you go and delete all the folders (listed just below the Green download button on my webpage)?
Did you reinstall the Full (orange) installer in Windows7 compatibility mode?
After the re-install Did you set PowerSDR.exe to Windows 7 compatibility mode?

If you did all of this, the only other thing I can think of would be to either try another PC, or install a different hard drive and run Win7SP1. But do to the age of Win7, I dont recommend it.
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
Flex-5000, LDMOS and Titan Amps, G5RV, and Mosley TA-33 Junior
n2rga

Post by n2rga »

ke9ns wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 8:48 pm
OK on the 2nd FireWire card, on the Win11 FireWire drivers and on the no anti-virus.

Just to confirm, when you uninstalled PowerSDR, did you uninstall the Flexradio.exe program as well?
If you went in Windows control panel->programs and features, it would be listed as "Flexradio 4.1.3.17357". That must be uninstalled by itself.
Did you go and delete all the folders (listed just below the Green download button on my webpage)?
Did you reinstall the Full (orange) installer in Windows7 compatibility mode?
After the re-install Did you set PowerSDR.exe to Windows 7 compatibility mode?

If you did all of this, the only other thing I can think of would be to either try another PC, or install a different hard drive and run Win7SP1. But do to the age of Win7, I dont recommend it.
"OK on the 2nd FireWire card, on the Win11 FireWire drivers and on the no anti-virus." YES even stopped Windows AV
Yes, uninstall the Flexradio.exe program installed with Windows 7 compatibility and set it to Win 7 compatibility mode.
Don't think there is going to be drivers for Win 7 on the new PC? I'm going to get another PC
Mitch
N2RGA
ke9ns
Site Admin

Post by ke9ns »

Any computer that comes with Win7 installed probably means its a very old PC with only a few CPU cores.
Installing Win7 means finding an old copy of Win7 Ultimate (which didnt need a key) and doing a fresh install.

At home I run a AMD Ryzen CPU with a motherboard running a AMD B350 chipset and Win11. It all runs solid
I wish I could say for sure which motherboards work and which have troubles, running FireWire under Win10/Win11?
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
n2rga

Post by n2rga »

I just bought another Dell will have it tomorrow. I'm returning this one.
It's an XPS machine with 2 PCIe ports and a PCI port.
I will try my old Firewire card with the power lead. they say the power lead is for the 800-speed ports, not the 400-speed port
Thanks all for your help. if anyone reads this and wants to know the model Dell that was giving me a problem it's the Inspiron 3030.
Mitch
N2RGA
ke9ns
Site Admin

Post by ke9ns »

Just for reference, these are the 3 PCs I have a Flex-5000 (FireWire) running on:

The Dell I have working with PowerSDR and Win10 x64 pro is a Optiplex 7010 (intel i5 quad core)

My main Shack PC is a MSI B350M Mortar (AMD Ryzen 2600 12 cores) and Win11 x64 pro.

My very old Toshiba laptop (intel i5 quad core) with a StarTech.com EC13942A1 1394a FireWire "ExpressCard" slot, and Win 10 x64 pro
The Toshiba has a very high CPU load, but its stable and working.

All use solid-state hard drives and are working with a Flex-5000.

You really want a PC with more than 4 cores at this point.

Darrin