Flex 5000/CWSkimmer CAT Communication Inconsistancy

Installation questions, Setup, and general information not covered in the other sub-forums
xzfyjnh

Flex 5000/CWSkimmer CAT Communication Inconsistancy

Post by xzfyjnh »

CAT communication between my 5000a & CWSkimmer is inconsistent.

5000a frequency is reflected in CWskimmer as new frequencies are chosen.

But, if a new frequency is chosen from the CWSkimmer callsign window, CWSkimmer will not change frequency while the 5000a will and the CWSkimmer frequency window will dim and no longer respond to frequency changes.

At this point if the frequency is changed on the 5000a, the 5000a frequency will only change momentarily and then revert back to whatever frequency it was on when the CWSkimmer frequency change occurred.

If CW Skimmer is closed at this point the 5000a operates normally again.

If CWSkimmer is opened again it operates normally again until a new frequency is selected from its callsign list.

Note, Com13 was created via VSPE as a "Connector". I have not tried the "Splitter" or "Pair" ports yet.

All the config settings look ok. What am I missing?

Thanks for the help!

Before CWSkimmer frequency change:
Before
Before
Capture1.JPG (48.71 KiB) Viewed 3970 times
After CWSkimmer frequency change:
After
After
Capture2.JPG (52.81 KiB) Viewed 3970 times
Flex CAT config:
Flex Config
Flex Config
Capture3.JPG (62.34 KiB) Viewed 3970 times
CWSkimmer CAT config:
CW S Config
CW S Config
Capture4.JPG (109.87 KiB) Viewed 3970 times
Ric W5IHL
xzfyjnh

Re: Flex 5000/CWSkimmer CAT Communication Inconsistancy

Post by xzfyjnh »

Resolved! I had created a connector. It needed to be a pair with unique com ports on each end. Clearly stated on Darrin's website about setting up VSPs. Feel pretty dense! :oops:
Ric W5IHL
ke9ns
Site Admin

Re: Flex 5000/CWSkimmer CAT Communication Inconsistancy

Post by ke9ns »

And just one more note for anyone using CW Skimmer (or any program using a VAC "IQ" stream):

You cannot use the PowerSDR "PAN scrolling" feature I recently added, with CW Skimmer. This is because CW Skimmer uses the VAC IQ stream as opposed to a normal "Bandpass" VAC audio stream. The IQ stream is basically an audio stream covering your entire Panadapter. PowerSDR uses a virtual "Audio IF". Its that virtual "Audio IF" that you must take into account in CW Skimmer Audio menu (Normally set to 9000hz for the Flex-5000). But in "Pan Scrolling" that Virtual IF moves around as you move your Bandpass around, and so you cannot use that with any program that uses IQ audio stream.

Darrin
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
Flex-5000, LDMOS and Titan Amps, G5RV, and Mosley TA-33 Junior