.189 Issues

Installation questions, Setup, and general information not covered in the other sub-forums
Keyports

.189 Issues

Post by Keyports »

I am having the same issue that Jon w2jon is having with the .189 update. The program will save some data but not all of the data. I tried updating to .190 and that did not change anything. Jon talks about deleting the data bases which honestly makes me very nervous, there are just too many settings that I would hate to lose.

Like Jon some of my issues include not saving TX profiles, not saving TX profiles on close, strange thing some parts of the TX profiles were saved after clicking on the save button multiple times but other settings will not save. I am not using the band stack so that is not the problem. I have tried enabling and disabling the 3 auto save options under the Transmit tab. I have tried right clicking on the TX profile button on the workspace.

So how do I fix this?

Jack
AI6OI
Keyports

Re: .189 Issues

Post by Keyports »

I thought I had gotten rid of this problem after several saves it just went away. Now it's back. Darrin, if I understand you correctly all I need to do is delete the DB's and correct me if I am wrong then import a saved copy of my DB's. Before I delete anything let me know if this is correct.
Right click on the top tab which opens PowerSDR v 2.8.0. in that file I will find the following DB's.
XML, BAK1, BAK2, BAK3, SBU.
Do I now delete all 5 of these DB's or specific ones? Once they are deleted do I import the last saved DB or do I install v. 2.8.0.191? What happens to all my settings?
Jack
ke9ns
Site Admin

Post by ke9ns »

Not sure exactly sure what your seeing?

If the Transmit auto saves are off, the TX profile will always save correctly when doing a (setup->transmit->profile->save).

But if you modify (say the Low/High tx bandpass) and dont save it, the next time you run PowerSDR, the modified values will persist (as it does not reload the TX profile unless you toggle between tx profiles to force it to reload your saved tx profile data.
If you have the setup->transmit->remember tx profile on mode change, that will force the tx profile reload when you change modes (i.e. AM profile and SSB profile)

Otherwise the only way to force a reload your current tx profile is to change to a different TX profile and back to the one you want.

And if you have an extended Mars radio, since there are no calibrations for the SWL bands, PowerSDR will pick the closest ham band for the TX band, so if you go to the SWL 41m band, you may see your TX profile change to low =100 / high =2900 (because that is the normal 60m transmit limits in the US). It does not touch your saved TX profile, just modifies the current setup. So when you go back to 20m, the TX low/high will not go back.

BUT.. if you are seeing something else, you may need to do a setup->factory defaults and see if it clears up.
You can try importing an older backup (ignore the warnings), but it may not fix a database corruption issue.
I have never tried to determine what is corrupted in the database, but I think it maybe do to features I add to the database (from rev to rev)
I think that why Flex used to force you to create a new database when they added features.
If I were to increment from v2.8.0.xxx to v2.8.1, PowerSDR would automatically force a new database (thats why I dont do it)

Darrin
ke9ns
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
Flex-5000, LDMOS and Titan Amps, G5RV, and Mosley TA-33 Junior
ke9ns
Site Admin

Post by ke9ns »

I did find a mistake in the code (its been there since v2.7.2) that prevented it from correctly saving the current TX settings back to the database.

Go download .192
Now it should properly save TX settings on band changes. I am assuming the TX "auto save" will probably work better now as well.

Darrin
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
Keyports

Post by Keyports »

Thanks Darrin, I downloaded .192 and it works.
Jack
w2jon

Post by w2jon »

Cool deal. Glad you got it working with the newest release. Great job Darrin.

Ironically, I started over factory and then started to manually re enter my preferences and settings.
Not sure where or which setting broke it but it happened again.
Interestingly enough, say I open psdr and then change band or freq or whatever and then close and reopen it reverts to the previous startup config
However if I open psdr and delete the sbu file and then close and restart it keeps.
Interesting stuff.
I'll need to start over again and see if I can find the offending setting...

Oh what does the sbu suffix identify? Is that a session or startup backup of the db?
ke9ns
Site Admin

Post by ke9ns »

setup->factory resets do not always work.

Sometimes I tell people to just open the database folder and remove all 5 database files.
I think PowerSDR is supposed to try using one of the backup files if it finds corruption, but it does not appear to work correctly.
So its best to just wipe all 5 files and start over.

As soon as you get to a good point, save a backup copy.

Darrin