1500 and several dudes

Installation questions, Setup, and general information not covered in the other sub-forums
EA3BV

1500 and several dudes

Post by EA3BV »

Hi,
first of all thanks KE9NS for his support and for develope of this fantastic software.

I bought a second hand 1500, works great and no problems, very happy.

-The side tone on my CW sounds perfect if I use the phone output of the radio, but with the software I doný ear nothing, neither with the key nor with the memories. I move the MON pot but only works to adjust volumen of sidetone CW with the earpohnes into the phone jack of the radio.

thanks for readme and 73.

Jon EA3BV
Last edited by EA3BV on Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ke9ns
Site Admin

Re: 1500 and several dudes

Post by ke9ns »

If you want to hear via your PC, you need to run VAC1 (typically set to default Speaker and Mic)
Using VAC1, make sure the MON is on "MONps" not "MONpr" if you want to monitor your TX CW via the PC speakers

The S-meter should work.

When you transmit the "FWD PWR" meter does not move in CW mode on a Flex-1500
Its probably because there is no FWD/REV power meter in the Flex-1500 (like there is in the Flex-3000/5000)

If your not getting any output (using an external power meter) with the Drive level set to 100, then you could try a setup->Factory defaults and start over, otherwise there is something wrong with the radio.

Darrin
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
Flex-5000, LDMOS and Titan Amps, G5RV, and Mosley TA-33 Junior
EA3BV

Re: 1500 and several dudes

Post by EA3BV »

Darrin,

Monitor CW: the problem was "MONps" not "MONpr", now I ear my CW on PC (with VAC, of course).
The rig has power output, about 4.5w, perhaps in CW the S-meter doesn´t meter for not SWR in 1500, yes. TNX

Anyway, to make CW I use external phones output from rig because via Pc the delay is horrible when I TX.

1500 and actually Power SDR works great, fine job, Darrin.