flexradio.exe did not install anywhere

Installation questions, Setup, and general information not covered in the other sub-forums
KA5BBC

flexradio.exe did not install anywhere

Post by KA5BBC »

I have done a reinstall and the flexradio.exe app is nowhere on my drive.. What have I done wrong and how can I get it to install?
Flex 3000, 80m OCFD.
Dell T7910, dual Xeons (36C/72T), 128GB ram, RTX2060 Super, Ultra LSI FireWire card, NVME Raid 10, Windows 10.
Electro-Voice RE20, Behringer tube microphone amp, Beringer UMC1820 audio interface, Cakewalk DAW.
ke9ns
Site Admin

Re: flexradio.exe did not install anywhere

Post by ke9ns »

If you ran the FULL (orange) installer, then it should be installed correctly.
If you dont see the FlexRadio.exe app on your desktop, then it will be in windows "Control Panel" or on the start list
open Start and scroll down to FlexRadio folder and it should be listed inside

Otherwise, Open up search and type Control Panel
Change view from Catagory to Large Icons (if you have not used this before)
you should see FlexRadio.exe

If it is not in either, then it did not finish installing.
Darrin
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
Flex-5000, LDMOS and Titan Amps, G5RV, and Mosley TA-33 Junior
KA5BBC

Post by KA5BBC »

After multiple reinstalls with no change, including completely removing every trace from the computer including the registry, I eventually found the installer file in the hidden directories and installed it manually. I also had to remove the device from the device manager and reboot to get it to detect properly and function.
It is still incredibly unstable, It will either stop receiving after one or two transmits or the whole computer will blue screen if I try to turn off the radio. After 7 days I'm starting to lose patience with it but I am hoping that it will become stable and usable before too long.
Flex 3000, 80m OCFD.
Dell T7910, dual Xeons (36C/72T), 128GB ram, RTX2060 Super, Ultra LSI FireWire card, NVME Raid 10, Windows 10.
Electro-Voice RE20, Behringer tube microphone amp, Beringer UMC1820 audio interface, Cakewalk DAW.
ke9ns
Site Admin

Post by ke9ns »

Find out what the crash error message is?

I never heard of any one not being able to fully install PowerSDR under Win10. I
This assumes you tried the Full installer with a windows account that had full Admin level privileges, and you were not trying to install in some non-standard directory. Very strange. But glad you got it all installed.

The crash is most likely related to the 1394 Firewire, and nothing to do with the install issue.
Open windows Device Manager->View->Resources by Connection->Interrupt request (IRQ)
Now scroll down the entire list and make absolutely sure the 1394 firewire is not sharing an IRQ with anything else
Also at the bottom of the list you should see negative IRQ values for some devices.
Neg numbers indicates that your mother board has a more modern PCI express bus chipset
If its all good with the IRQ, then run FlexRadio app and see what it says for DPC latency?

Darrin
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
Flex-5000, LDMOS and Titan Amps, G5RV, and Mosley TA-33 Junior