TX EQ not active after TX profile change

Installation questions, Setup, and general information not covered in the other sub-forums
W4GON

TX EQ not active after TX profile change

Post by W4GON »

Hello all,

I'm noticing a strange behavior on the TX EQ which I would like clarification on. What I'm seeing is that when I switch TX profiles from say my AM to SSB profile, the EQ does not engage. I have to go into the EQ, click on one of the other EQ options via the radio buttons up top and then click back on the configured EQ which I use for the chosen profile. After doing this the EQ engages correctly. I'm wondering if this is expected behavior or if I have something set wrong in the software? I'm running v2.8.0.251 of PowerSDR.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Joel, W4GON
ke9ns
Site Admin

Re: TX EQ not active after TX profile change

Post by ke9ns »

When it "does not engage", are you saying that the TXEQ button is not RED (ON), but you saved the profile with it ON?
I need to know the exact details in order to try and duplicate the issue.

Darrin
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
Flex-5000, LDMOS and Titan Amps, G5RV, and Mosley TA-33 Junior
W4GON

Post by W4GON »

Hi Darrin,

When I switch between my AM and SSB profile for example, everything shows that the TXEQ is enabled. The TXEQ button is RED in the main screen, in the Equalizer Settings window the TXEQ has a check box on Enabled. The only way that I know that it isn't actually enabled is by listening to my signal on the air. That's how I can tell that I don't have the audio enhancements from the EQ.

Clicking the Enabled checkbox to disable and then enable for the TXEQ in the Equalizer Settings window doesn't help. Neither does clicking the TXEQ button from Red to Black and back to Red. The only thing so far that I have found that gets the EQ working again is to click on one of the other EQ options and then back to the EQ that's configured in the Equalizer Settings window. The second I do that I can hear my audio enhanced again on the air. Restarting the program also corrects it, but that takes too long to do every time I switch profiles.

Thanks
Joel
ke9ns
Site Admin

Post by ke9ns »

Usually you just needed to adjust any eq slider and everything would start working.
I thought I fixed that over a long time ago?

I will take a look.

Darrin
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
W4GON

Post by W4GON »

Oh ok, adjusting any eq slider also corrects the issue, I just tested it. So I guess it's the same issue you are referring to.

Thanks
Joel
ke9ns
Site Admin

Post by ke9ns »

.252 should fix the TX EQ not properly activating upon a profile change.

Darrin
W4GON

Post by W4GON »

That fixed it, thank you Darrin!

Joel