Voice Keyer Profile settings Topic is solved

General Info for PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8 (for the SDR-1000, Flex-1500, Flex-3000, and Flex-5000 only).
M0RJV

Voice Keyer Profile settings

Post by M0RJV »

I've noticed that when transmitting using the pre-recorded messages in the Voice Keyer funtion it deactivates the TX EQ & DX functions in the active Transmit Profile. During transmission, I can re-activate these but next time it transmits, they deactivate once again.

It looks like a possible bug in the Voice Keyer functionality?
ke9ns
Site Admin

Re: Voice Keyer Profile settings

Post by ke9ns »

The TXEQ and all other audio enhancements are automatically deactivated when transmitting a "Recording".
Its assumed the audio file your playing was already EQ'ed when it was recorded.
When you use the voice keyer system to record (Wave screen) from your radios MIC, all the EQ enhancements should be setup at that point before you recorded.

Darrin
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
Flex-5000, LDMOS and Titan Amps, G5RV, and Mosley TA-33 Junior
M0RJV

Post by M0RJV »

Hi Darrin,

Ok that's clear, but what that means is if I'm using my EQ during regular use, and then use the voice keyer function .. even if it is recorded with the necessary EQ settings.. is that the TX EQ needs to be manually switched back on every time after I've clicked the voice keyer function. It would seem to make more sense to me that the voice keyer didn't switch off the TX EQ & DX function everytime after use.

Rich
ke9ns
Site Admin

Re: Voice Keyer Profile settings  Topic is solved

Post by ke9ns »

If the TX EQ is ON when you hit the Voice keyer button, it will turn off during playback, but it automatically turn back on when its done.
There is nothing you need to do.

Darrin
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
Flex-5000, LDMOS and Titan Amps, G5RV, and Mosley TA-33 Junior
M0RJV

Post by M0RJV »

Oh my mistake. Thanks