PAN Mode

General Info for PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8 (for the SDR-1000, Flex-1500, Flex-3000, and Flex-5000 only).
IK8HCG

PAN Mode

Post by IK8HCG »

Flex 3000
If anyone can follow these 2 problems of mine and let me know what happens.
1) activate PAN mode.
2) position the start of the band for example 28,000 MHz all on the left a few millimeters from the end of the panadapter window
3) on the end of the right side panadapter window I read approximately 28,080.
4) if I activate or deactivate the SR button, the centering of the filter line moves entirely to the center if the filter line is positioned either to the right or left.
All this only if PAN mode is active

2) problem
Active the PAN Mode
1) I position the panadapter window at 28.000 MHz all on the left side at the beginning of the window, on the right side I read 28.080 MHz.
2) if I move the filter line towards or around few khz 28,000 mhz, the signals on the righ side after 28.040/45 till 28.080 disappear.
3) while if I move the filter line on the righ side towards 28,080 on all the 80khz spam (28.000-28080) the signals reappear

tnx in advance
ke9ns
Site Admin

Re: PAN Mode

Post by ke9ns »

My original PAN mode has limitations
You need to be zoomed out (at least x1) for it to work properly.

I have a new version that allows you to go edge to edge of the display at up to 192khz sample rate.
go download
https://ke9ns.com/PowerSDR_KE9NS_V2.8.0 ... taller.msi

I am not totally done, but it appears to work correctly.
try it out and let me know

Darrin
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
Flex-5000, LDMOS and Titan Amps, G5RV, and Mosley TA-33 Junior
IK8HCG

Post by IK8HCG »

Ciao Darrin
i m running now with flex 3000. no more flex 5000
and it seems he doesn't at the moment. I only display 80 khz on the Panadapter window
It's a great idea to slide the Filter line with pan mode active inside the viewing panadapter window
IK8HCG

Post by IK8HCG »

I would only adjust the direction of the Filter line.
when the mouse cross is not displayed, if I move it to the left, the filter line moves to the right

I noticed that if I activate Pan Mode and click the Center button next to the Zoom button, some anomalies occur

I notice another problem with Pan Mode active with the cw skimmer
28,000 all left side, 28,080 all right side.
if I hit a right station the skimmer does not see it and reads it.
if I deactivate the Pan Mode with the filter line in the center of the Panadapter window it reads and decodes
ke9ns
Site Admin

Post by ke9ns »

I fixed the Center button when using PAN. I also now turn off PAN if you try and Zoom out beyond 0.6x in 192khz sample rate

Because the PAN feature use "I.F. shift" to move the bandpass around, IQ VAC will move as you move around.
PC programs that use IQ audio need to know the I.F. Shift, but there is no CAT command to read the I.F.
So its probably best not to use PAN when running IQ VAC.
Standard VAC audio works correctly, just not IQ

Darrin
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
Flex-5000, LDMOS and Titan Amps, G5RV, and Mosley TA-33 Junior