.289 Ant Select Relay chatter when tuning RX2 Topic is solved

General Info for PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8 (for the SDR-1000, Flex-1500, Flex-3000, and Flex-5000 only).
w2jon

.289 Ant Select Relay chatter when tuning RX2

Post by w2jon »

Okay, Another great enhancement there Darrin thanks again bud.. One small bug to report.

VFOA is smooth as silk, but VFOB is a little cranky when being used with RX2.
Just upgraded to .289 with RX2 active I get relay chatter while tuning and no matter the antenna source I select (RX2 or ANt1 even RX Tap) the choice reverts to RX Tap and chatters the relays. Also makes the tuning action glitchy but that's the product of the pause during the antenna switching function.
ke9ns
Site Admin

Re: .289 Ant Select Relay chatter when tuning RX2

Post by ke9ns »

When I set VFOB as TX and hit either TUN or ATU, I have no issues (using ANT1 or ANT3) at all.

So I must not understand what your saying or the settings your using?

Darrin
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
Flex-5000, LDMOS and Titan Amps, G5RV, and Mosley TA-33 Junior
w2jon

Post by w2jon »

Its okay bud.
I should have filmed it, but it must have been a glitch or something...it was while changing freq that it would click the relay and pause for that brief moment.. any VFOB changes hz, khz... any movement of the vfo would cause the event with each adjustment.. it was strange

Did a full uninstall to strip the system from all the countless in-place upgrades.
Just finished a reinstall with the .289 full installer you have now.
Re-imported my DB and so far everything seems okay... I haven't turned the VOACAP map back on yet so I'm not 100% the way I was just yet.

I'll keep you informed of any strange stuff.
Oh and good job on getting the phpbb site back up.
Yesterday the main site and today the phpbb site. must be some back end updates going on, or a move to a new system.
w2jon

Post by w2jon »

Ahh, Just did it again. This is probably user error.

Say you have VFOA on 40m and set to use Antx and set VFOB to 15m and input RX2 IN as the input, Changing the freq will switch the input to RX1 Tap if the Complexity setting is set on 'Expert'

My saved 15m Antenna preference must be overriding the manual choice of RX2 IN when expert mode is enabled.
I switch to 'Simple' and it doesn't intervene with the antenna selection (normal).
Also seems that if I select the antenna feed for RX2 before starting it the setting stays.. but if I change it while RX2 is active that can cause it to jump too.. one easy way to =hear the clatter is to split RX1 and TX1 over two antennas say RX Ant3 and TX ant1 then fumble with VFOB on RX2

Fun stuff and at least I think I know why it happens now, or at least how to avoid it.. its just the messed up way Im configuring it I guess.
ke9ns
Site Admin

Re: .289 Ant Select Relay chatter when tuning RX2  Topic is solved

Post by ke9ns »

"Expert Mode". I see it now!
I have not used Expert mode in a long time.

Download .290. That should fix the "Expert Mode" and RX2 issue.

Darrin
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
w2jon

Post by w2jon »

There ya go, That seems to have fixed it!

Incidentally. I have not seen any PFN's after fully removing and reinstalling everything.
Not sure I had to remove everything, but most notably the FlexRadio 4.1.3.17357 driver suite.

Not sure that it makes much difference, but this time around I started the main installer under compatibility mode for Windows 7.
I cant say for sure is spawned applications under that parent will carry the same compatibility attribute. but that is one thing I did this time around.

....only time, and DttsP cycles will tell
ke9ns
Site Admin

Post by ke9ns »

Running the installer in compatibility mode was probably a good idea.
Worst case, is you uninstall, wipe, and start over

Darrin