Something seems screwed up here.. Topic is solved

General Info for PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8 (for the SDR-1000, Flex-1500, Flex-3000, and Flex-5000 only).
dl9ndw

Something seems screwed up here..

Post by dl9ndw »

HI,
i have a 5000a, SW Version is latest.

When the radio is switched to CWU , the filters do not work . They work, but sound a bit dull, in CWL . When i select a specific other TX Profile..CWU works well. Unfortunately when i create a copy and change some values..it again stops working ..
Also the remembering of Power settings and profile selection per Band and mode , seems to be functioning eratically here. Microphone level, for instance changes to much lower values without randomly .

I wanted to review the XML file and find out what may be the difference..but even if i find ..i cannot load ANY exported DB back into powersdr , because in the moment of loading , i get an exception error.

Any clue what may be going on here ?

I once did that resetting a few versions before already.

Another question... especially in CW , i her short clicking noises randomly , the only thing that made it a bit better, was setting buffers very low ( 512 )
It appears on audio out of the hardware only, not on VAC

Harry
DL9NDW
ke9ns
Site Admin

Re: Something seems screwed up here..

Post by ke9ns »

If the backup was made using my ke9ns v2.8.0, it should import OK.

There are a lot of settings in PowerSDR that could get messed up and make it difficult to remember how they were all set (when it was working the way you liked it).

If there is any corruption in your current database or backup, its very possible that the database will not save changes properly.

As a Test I would do a setup->factory defaults and make sure everything works OK.

But, Make sure that you turn off the setup->Transmit->Auto Save features (they never worked correctly from back in the v2.7 days)

You probably want to launch the FlexRadio.exe program and check your "DPC" latency (for the clicking issues). If your PC is suffering from DPC latency, it can cause clicking. I recommend a PC with at least 4 CPU cores (but preferably more). Newer PCs dont appear to suffer from DPC latency issues like some older PCs
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
Flex-5000, LDMOS and Titan Amps, G5RV, and Mosley TA-33 Junior
dl9ndw

Re: Something seems screwed up here..  Topic is solved

Post by dl9ndw »

Today...with .290 i was able to save and re-import the database. I changed some off these4 save per change options in transmit ..and unchecked the autosave ..yes that one was active..and mayyybe the problem.will see..
thanks for the help so far. I will do a reset when time fits ...currently to active ..

Harry