Manual PowerSDR 2.8.0.250

Installation questions, Setup, and general information not covered in the other sub-forums
HB9DDS

Manual PowerSDR 2.8.0.250

Post by HB9DDS »

I'm looking for the manual for Power SDR 2.8.0.250

I'm struggling with "Spotter" and DX Cluster. It is NOT clear to me.

Daniel
HB9DDS
ke9ns
Site Admin

Re: Manual PowerSDR 2.8.0.250

Post by ke9ns »

Unfortunately I stopped updating the official manual PDF a while back.
I you right click on the PowerSDR desktop icon, and select Open File location, there is "PowerSDR ke9ns v2.8 features_white.pdf". It only goes up to .92

But I have done youtube videos on the spotter screen.

what is your issue?

Darrin
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
Flex-5000, LDMOS and Titan Amps, G5RV, and Mosley TA-33 Junior
HB9DDS

Post by HB9DDS »

Hello Darrin

- Unfortunately I stopped updating the official manual PDF a while back
Why?

When I compare the DX Cluster in Logger32 and the DX Cluster in PowerSDR 2.8.0.250 it show me NOT the same and is very delayed.

Daniel
HB9DDS
ke9ns
Site Admin

Post by ke9ns »

I never imagined I was going to add so many features, so I never planned properly.
I really need to redo the manual completely, and I just dont have the time that I once had.

The SPOTTER in PowerSDR displays the moment a new spot is pushed out to your callsign through the cluster (there is no delay at all).

BUT... When you first start the Spotter software in PowerSDR, it does not retrieve older spots prior to the new spots (I never got around to writing code for that part). So it will start displaying new spots immediately, but not spots that may have occurred just prior to starting the software (like most other software does). So it definitely gives the appearance of being slow at the start.

The other issue is that some DX Clusters dont like it when your callsign is logged into the same cluster 2 times (in your example logger32 and powersdr)
So you may need to use different DX Cluster. And its possible one Cluster maybe slower and another.
But its definitely not PowerSDR being slow, other than not load up prior spots.

Darrin
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
HB9DDS

Post by HB9DDS »

Hello Darrin

"The other issue is that some DX Clusters dont like it when your callsign is logged into the same cluster 2 times (in your example logger32 and powersdr)"

Thats it. Shame on me. SORRY

Daniel
HB9DDS
ke9ns
Site Admin

Post by ke9ns »

You may want to install the incremental .258 update since it has the latest FCC callsign database, which is help full if you use the LoTW feature.
Just make sure to do a setup->export database first, just in case the update causes issues with your current database.

Darrin
ke9ns