Feature Request

Installation questions, Setup, and general information not covered in the other sub-forums
W2ASC

Feature Request

Post by W2ASC »

Hi Darrin,

I was wondering if you would consider adding the ability to trigger the various voice keyers by assigning them to one of the buttons on the Hercules DJ Console?

And, if so, would it be possible to make it so that the assigned button(s) would still operate even if PSDR wasn't "on top"/in focus? Often, when trying to break into a big pileup, I will be simultaneously doing other work on other applications on my computer and it would be great to be able to trigger the voice keyer without having to first click on PSDR to bring it in focus before hitting the F3 key.

Thanks for all your efforts and continued improvements to PSDR!

Tony Castiglia NY2A
ke9ns
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request

Post by ke9ns »

The DJConsole code was provided by DH1TW. I dont have a DJConsole and so I dont even know what its capable of?
Tell me what buttons you would want to use, and I can see if I can locate them in the code?
CWX macros already have a ZZKM cat command built in to auto TX CWX macros. But I dont have anything for the Voice keyer buttons.

NOTE: Setup->Auto Focus PowerSDR will cause Focus by simply moving your mouse anywhere over the Console screen (no clicking needed), just make sure to always Enable the "Always on Top" checkbox for every PowerSDR screen (like Setup, Memory, Wave, Spotter, etc)

Darrin
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
Flex-5000, LDMOS and Titan Amps, G5RV, and Mosley TA-33 Junior
ke9ns
Site Admin

Post by ke9ns »

Just looked and it looks like DJconsole already has provisions for CWX macros,

So I added code (.267) to use the same knobs you would use for CWX 3-6 macros, for the Voice keyers F3-F6
when the voice keyers buttons show on the main console, DJConsole CWX macro buttons ast as thought you pushed the Voice keyers F3-F6 instead.
And when the CWX buttons show on the screen (setup->DSP->Keyer->Override Console) the CWX 3-6 will work as though you pushed the F3-F6 CWX buttons
By hitting the button a 2nd time (or key the radio), it should kill the voice keyer or CWX macro.

Darrin
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
Flex-5000, LDMOS and Titan Amps, G5RV, and Mosley TA-33 Junior
W2ASC

Post by W2ASC »

Thanks so much Darrin! I'm going to download update now and will let you know how it goes.
Flex 3000 & 5000
Hercules MP3e2
Dell OptiPlex 990 w/i5 2400 CPU @ 3.1GHZ
Windows 10
W2ASC

Post by W2ASC »

Outstanding! Works Great! Thanks again! 73, de Tony NY2A
Flex 3000 & 5000
Hercules MP3e2
Dell OptiPlex 990 w/i5 2400 CPU @ 3.1GHZ
Windows 10