Looking for vu5k

Installation questions, Setup, and general information not covered in the other sub-forums
IT9IDR

Looking for vu5k

Post by IT9IDR »

Good evening to the whole group. I finally purchased my Flex 5000A with ATU and 2nd RX. He will arrive home next week. Now I'm looking for the VU5K which could be very interesting. Possibly I would like to find it in the EU. Today I purchased the firewire card. Now I will start reading the manual and try to study the KE9NS software. I already own the Flex6400 and am therefore enthusiastic about it. You can contact me via whatsapp at: +39 3468443724 or via email: it9idr@gmail.com
Thanks for your help. 73 of IT9IDR Salvo
ke9ns
Site Admin

Re: Looking for vu5k

Post by ke9ns »

The only way I know of getting a VU5K module, would be to contact Toby (toby@troyradio.net). He is the authorized legacy service center for Flex.
BUT at this point in time, I believe he uses the VU5K spares he has for repairing VU5K radios, so I am not sure he would sell you a spare?

Also when you get your radio do a CTRL SHIFT D, low level hardware tab, and select the correct TURF for your location.

Darrin
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
Flex-5000, LDMOS and Titan Amps, G5RV, and Mosley TA-33 Junior
IK8HCG

Post by IK8HCG »

Hi Both
Darrin, I sold IT9IDR the second receiver of my old flex 5000a. He is waiting for it from Germany and it will arrive next week. I already told him it will be difficult to find it maybe it's easier to find and talk to Joe Biden than to find the VHF/UHF module. for the Turf file I personally give him instructions on how to do it.
I also said that Power Sdr is literally different from SSDR and he will have to study it calmly for its multiple functions

Salvo, dont forget Donation to KE9NS web site
otherwise I will no longer give you my second receiver module, Lol
IT9IDR

Post by IT9IDR »

ke9ns wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:25 am
The only way I know of getting a VU5K module, would be to contact Toby (toby@troyradio.net). He is the authorized legacy service center for Flex.
BUT at this point in time, I believe he uses the VU5K spares he has for repairing VU5K radios, so I am not sure he would sell you a spare?

Also when you get your radio do a CTRL SHIFT D, low level hardware tab, and select the correct TURF for your location.

Darrin
Hi Darren, thanks so much for including me in the group. Next week I will have the 5000A with the second RX that my friend Luigi sold me. I will have to study your software carefully and I am sure I will be satisfied with my FLex5000A. I will try to write to Toby for the VU5K hoping he will provide me with one. Miracles exist. I will also do the procedure that you recommended, but having Luigi as a friend he will certainly give me the right indications to best use the 5000A. I ask you a question. I also have the Maestro, do you think one day it will be possible to use the Maestro with the 5000A?
73 Salvo IT9IDR
IT9IDR

Post by IT9IDR »

IK8HCG wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:08 am
Hi Both
Darrin, I sold IT9IDR the second receiver of my old flex 5000a. He is waiting for it from Germany and it will arrive next week. I already told him it will be difficult to find it maybe it's easier to find and talk to Joe Biden than to find the VHF/UHF module. for the Turf file I personally give him instructions on how to do it.
I also said that Power Sdr is literally different from SSDR and he will have to study it calmly for its multiple functions

Salvo, dont forget Donation to KE9NS web site
otherwise I will no longer give you my second receiver module, Lol
Dear Luigi, you know very well that there are no words to thank you for your availability and kindness. Furthermore, trust is an absolute asset to be safeguarded. As soon as the Flex arrives you will take a day off and give me a mini course on the software. Ahahahaihihihi
73 salvo IT9IDR
IK8HCG

Post by IK8HCG »

the Maestro with the 5000A?
Absolutely not
look for FXPad
https://www.google.com/search?q=fxpad+f ... :0&vssid=l