PowerSDR stalling when another program is started or changed.

Information and issues with PowerSDR KE9NS Shortwave spotting features, including the search list and signal identification
oe8pck

PowerSDR stalling when another program is started or changed.

Post by oe8pck »

When I run powerSDR with Flex-3000 ver. 2.8.209 it works very well until I try and run another program paralell. Fldigi cannot be used because whn I start it the waterfall stops and I have to turn off powerSDR and then when I restart it all is ok until I change something in FLdigi. This happens with all the programs I run outlook etc. Is this a known problem and is there a cure? This also happened with the previous version of PowerSDR but I ignored it but I would like to use FLdigi now. Thank you in advance for reading my message.
73 de Paul OE8PCK
ke9ns
Site Admin

Re: PowerSDR stalling when another program is started or changed.

Post by ke9ns »

If your saying that the Panadapter and Waterfall freeze, that is a DPC Latency issue (i.e. your PC is having trouble running real-time DSP audio).
It has to do with CPU capability but also bad drivers that consume too much background cpu time.
If you see it freeze, you can hit the Stop/Start button OR Setup->General->Hardware Config->DttSP Auto Restart
If you have 6 or more CPU cores, your less likely to encounter DPC latency issues.
You can google for DPC latency checkers

Darrin
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
Flex-5000, LDMOS and Titan Amps, G5RV, and Mosley TA-33 Junior
oe8pck

Re: PowerSDR stalling when another program is started or changed.

Post by oe8pck »

Thanks Darrin for your prompt help. I will try it out.