FIREWIRE problem and software block at 192 Khz

FireWire Information and Issues (for Flex-3000 and Flex-5000 models only). FireWire is the connection between your Flex radio and the PC (PowerSDR)
ale66

FIREWIRE problem and software block at 192 Khz

Post by ale66 »

Hi, I have a problem with a 5000, ONLY at 192 Khz span after 10 seconds it crashes!! In the settings I set the Sample Rate to 192 Khz but nothing has changed... now Darrin's guide says that you need to move some entries from the register, this is my screen how do you proceed?? Thank you.

IT WON'T LET ME ATTACH THE FILE
ke9ns
Site Admin

Re: FIREWIRE problem and software block at 192 Khz

Post by ke9ns »

Your issue is that Your motherboard and FireWire Card are running PCI slots. PCI slots are obsolete and should not be used. At least not used on a Flex-5000.

You need to get yourself a PCIe (PCI express) based FireWire Card (I list the card I use on my website in the FireWire section).

Any motherboard that has an original "PCI" slot should be avoided if your running a Flex-5000

A motherboard with a "NVMe M.2" and PCIe slots would be an indication of a more modern PCIexpress based motherboard.

Assuming your CPU has at least 4 cores, your motherboard does have a PCIe x1 slot, so you can try a new PCIe FireWire card and see if it works, otherwise you will need to upgrade your motherboard as well.
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
Flex-5000, LDMOS and Titan Amps, G5RV, and Mosley TA-33 Junior
w4ien

Windows FireWire Does Not See My Flex-3000

Post by w4ien »

No matter what I do my Windows system running the latest PowerSDR does not see my Flex-3000. The 1394 controller is listed in the device manager. I have loaded the legacy FireWire driver but nothing changes. I am running Windows 10. Any ideas?
ke9ns
Site Admin

Re: FIREWIRE problem and software block at 192 Khz

Post by ke9ns »

I have seen FireWire cards that appear to be working but they are having troubles properly functioning.

It has more to do with the older FireWire chipsets, and IRQ conflict issues on older motherboards (motherboards with chipsets older than around 10 years). The newer PCIexpress chipsets usually play nice with the newer FireWire cards.

Read the FireWire section of my webpage and it will explain how to check for IRQ conflicts
and also take a look at your FireWire card and find the chipset part#, see if its similar to the chipset I recommend on my webpage?
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
Flex-5000, LDMOS and Titan Amps, G5RV, and Mosley TA-33 Junior