Firewire Win11 PFN LIST

FireWire Information and Issues (for Flex-3000 and Flex-5000 models only). FireWire is the connection between your Flex radio and the PC (PowerSDR)
ke9ns
Site Admin

Re: Firewire Win11 PFN LIST

Post by ke9ns »

Luckily modern motherboards will no longer have IRQ conflict issues since they all use MSI instead of IRQ.
If your motherboard supports NVME M.2 hard drives, you have a modern motherboard.

So hopefully running the Full installer under "Windows7 compatibility" will help mitigate the PFN crashes.

But if your seeing high "DPC latency", you can google for a free DPC latency tester which may help show any drivers that are eating up all the real-time cycles as this usually causes the Panadapter to freeze (not crash). I can usually spot latency issues by opening up the windows task manager. Having a PC with lots of CPU cores and threads does help with the DPC latency.
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
Flex-5000, LDMOS and Titan Amps, G5RV, and Mosley TA-33 Junior
oz2pm

Post by oz2pm »

Updade

Find 'dec35c318583' only in 'Power Setings' i regit
change 'Attributes' to 0

Fix High DPC Latency on Windows 11/10 [Solution]
Command Used:
bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes

Bios

Disable c-states i prossesor

Disabled all efficient cores
Disabled intel Speedstep

In the bios run cpu 1 and 2 fan in Silent mode

Click on Processor.Core E
Set all Active Atom Cores to 1.

New driver IDE ATA/ATAPI-controllere
IDE ATA DRIVER .jpg
IDE ATA DRIVER .jpg (82.33 KiB) Viewed 831 times

MSI MODE.jpg
MSI MODE.jpg (165.06 KiB) Viewed 831 times
Intel(R) 6th Generation Core Processor Family Platform I/O SATA AHCI Controller Must be high setting
no pc breakdown more

Now it works
Last edited by oz2pm on Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
oz2pm

Post by oz2pm »

My FT8 vac

dt tid 0.2-0.3 all time
vac.jpg
vac.jpg (106.77 KiB) Viewed 831 times
Vitual Audio cable.jpg
Vitual Audio cable.jpg (138.5 KiB) Viewed 831 times
ke9ns
Site Admin

Post by ke9ns »

I will add the Core parking value and dynamictick to my webpage
People who play high performance PC games use these same settings as well to prevent stuttering.
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
Flex-5000, LDMOS and Titan Amps, G5RV, and Mosley TA-33 Junior
py5vb

Post by py5vb »

Tests carried out for years:
Windows 10 PRO English version GPT
Windows 10 PRO English version MBR
Windows 10 PRO Brazilian version GPT
Windows 10 PRO Brazilian version MBR
Windows 11 PRO English version GPT
Windows 11 PRO English version MBR
Windows 11 PRO Brazilian version GPT
Windows 11 PRO Brazilian version MBR
Windows 11 HOME English version MBR
Windows 11 HOME Brazilian version MBR

Original Texas Instruments FireWire card
There are no FireWire IRQ conflicts
"Ultimate Performance" in PowerCFG was used
PowerSDR was installed in Windows 7 compatibility
The default PowerSDR configuration was used
.NET 3.x was installed in Windows 7 compatibility mode
No additional software is installed, meaning PowerSDR runs alone
All 8 cores of the i7 processor were enabled using the "UnparkCpu.exe" software
Such experiences have been had since Microsoft launched Windows 10/11, years ago, when problems started with Windows 8 which I quickly abandoned

THERE IS NO SOLUTION, a BLUE SCREEN often appears, especially when turning off the PowerSDR

After years of trying with Windows 8/10/11 in any configuration, I RETURNED to using WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE and such a problem never occurs where PowerSDR runs 100% reliably with any configuration, therefore, if you want to use PowerSDR with the FLEX5000/ 3000 with 100% security and reliability use WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE.

Villas - PY5VB
ND1T

Post by ND1T »

As a follow up to the post I made on Feb 26, installing powersdr in windows 7 compatibility mode had no lasting affect on the PFN issue. It "seemed" to work for a while, then I would get PFN when enabling VAC. I re-installed windows 7 on the Dell Inspiron 570 and have not seen the issue in about 2 weeks. In the end, I went back to the CF-52 toughbook with windows 7 Pro. I will hold on to the Dell Desktop with windows 7 as a backup. I lock down the windows 7 environment, and only use it for the Flex3000 so any security risk is minimal "in my use case." I agree with Villas (PY5VB), if you are having the PFN issue, just go back to windows 7 (not really sure it makes a difference which flavor) and use the radio.

For reference, here is the patch order you need to get the latest available patches for windows 7 (this is for those who have the issue, and want to keep the Flex3000 up and running). I think part of this is also on the KE9NS website, if I remember.
1. KB3020369
2. KB3125574 - reboot
3. KB3140245 - reboot
4. KB4474419 - reboot
5. KB5017397
6. KB5028264 - At this point, windows 7 will have the encryption ciphers to connect to the update service (servicing stack updates), and you can use Windows Update to finish up the last 1.5GB or so of updates.
- I also down load the .NET 4.8 offline installer KB4503575 and run update again.

I download all of these ahead of time from the Microsoft Update Catalogue. This will get you updated up to the extended security updates (ESU).

I do want to thank everyone that has added suggestions to this thread. I have been watching the forum for years, and always tried every one of suggestions, even if I did not necessarily agree on them.

Thanks, Jim (ND1T)
Jerman

Post by Jerman »

Hello Jim, hello all,

I'm using the FlexRadio 3000 & 5000 on a Lenovo Thinkpad P70 (20ESS1HV00) with windows 11 23H2 Build 22631.3296.
I wasn't able to drive the Flex with any Fireware cards I was using great on an other old laptop. So I decided to use Thunderbolt ports and cables (from the Apple store).
You can see my station pictures with this connection on KE9NS website : https://ke9ns.com/images/resized_20230916_115607.jpg
and also : https://ke9ns.com/images/resized_20230916_115607.jpg

I was encountered many pfn issues while changing sample rate or activate VAC, and while doing nothing but just listening in SWL. So :

- I download the last Thunderbolt driver version from Lenovo website.
- Then I installed the 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy) driver from KE9NS website.
- I used the command line : powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61
In windows 11, msinfo32 I saw that there was IRQ sharing conflict between 1394 OHCI compliant host controller legacy and Controller High Definition Audio and Synaptics SMBUS Driver.
- So I disable Controller High Definition Audio and Synaptics SMBUS Driver in the device manager.
Problem was always there...
- I download the MSIUtil and disable MSI option for Thunderbolt controller and 1394 OHCI compliant host controller.
- I also define High interrupt Priority for those 2 device in MSIUtil
- I run PowerSDR in Windows 7 compatibility mode and Administrator mode.

I'm actually driving the Flex 3000 & 5000 for many days without any PFN issues. I can activate or disable VAC or change the audio sample rate from 96000 to 192000, "on the fly" without any problem at the moment.

I will post here if PFN issues appears again...

Thank you all for your advice.

Best 73
73s
Good DX