No out of band audio from VAC?

Information and Issues installing and using Virtual Audio Connections and Virtual Serial Port Pairs related to communication between PowerSDR and your PC programs.
This is where you interface to PC digital mode programs and logging software.
WA4SCA

No out of band audio from VAC?

Post by WA4SCA »

I wanted to monitor the 8M FT8 frequency 40.682Mhz with WSJT. However, when I tune out of amateur frequencies, the VAC audio cuts off. The Windows Sound Manager shows this, not just WSJT. I am using PSDR v2.8.0.280, VAC1. Pointer to my configuration error?
ke9ns
Site Admin

Re: No out of band audio from VAC?

Post by ke9ns »

The VAC should not be related to frequency.
Check all the receiver settings since your leaving the 10m band and there is no 8m band?

My Flex-5000 is working fine Receiving 8m (comparing its receive to my SDRplay RSP1A)
and its sending VAC1 audio to WSJT-X.

NOTE The Flex will not transmit between 10m and 6m, even when the radio is unlocked (probably since there is no 8m LPF in the radio).

Darrin
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
Flex-5000, LDMOS and Titan Amps, G5RV, and Mosley TA-33 Junior
WA4SCA

Post by WA4SCA »

Darrin,

That seemed odd to me as well, so I went through the settings with no help. I finally did a full reset required for the version 280 update. Doing nothing other than input the basic VAC information, I found that it did not exhibit the previous anomaly. After restoring all the other settings from screen captures, it still works as desired. Good/bad to know that even should we eventually get an 8M allocation, I will need to look elsewhere for equipment. BTW, should have specified a VU5K.

Alan
ke9ns
Site Admin

Post by ke9ns »

Make sure to make a setup->export database as a backup.

Its definitely a radio Firmware modification to allow TX on 8m (if it ever was authorized by the FCC).
But Flex will probably never update the firmware since the radio was never certified for 8m (i.e. missing a real LPF)

Neither the 3000 or 5000 can transmit between 10m and 6m even when unlocked.

Whats strange is on the 630m band, the Flex-3000 transmits full 100watts (with my own external LPF installed), but the Flex-5000 will not output anything on 630m even though the PA design is almost identical. This is with both radios unlocked. So I believe its a radio firmware thing.

Darrin
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
Flex-5000, LDMOS and Titan Amps, G5RV, and Mosley TA-33 Junior