RCFORB remote solution with PSDR - issue lost CAT com port communication

Information and Issues installing and using Virtual Audio Connections and Virtual Serial Port Pairs related to communication between PowerSDR and your PC programs.
This is where you interface to PC digital mode programs and logging software.
ok1dwq

RCFORB remote solution with PSDR - issue lost CAT com port communication

Post by ok1dwq »

I use the PowerSDR with FLEX3000 on remote location and with remotehams.com RCFORB server/client solution.

But problem happen every time when I try to quickly move with virtual tune VFOknob. During this operation RCFORB sent lot of CAT data on PowerSDR and PSDR immediately lost COM port communication. I think that some bufer is overloaded and time for respond is not synchronized.
Solution is only to restart PSDR and RCFORB 2times to reinitialize it. We tried to us for CAT com comunication VSPE and VspMgr also. :!:

I spend lot of times with authors of RCFORB server and we has been researched that problem is on PowerSDR site.

Is possible to do with this something?

- - - - - - - - - - Just for shared economy - - - - - - - - - - -
Public free remote transceiver OK1DWQ-G on Ramoteham.com
100W Flex3000 + 4SQ/40m FullVertical80m InvL160m InvVee 40/80m
ke9ns
Site Admin

Re: RCFORB remote solution with PSDR - issue lost CAT com port communication

Post by ke9ns »

Assuming RCForb has no issues with using a remote Knob to send a large stream of CAT commands (i.e. it works when using other radios), then it could be your internet connection has a bandwidth issue (up and/or down bandwidth), or your CPU has a load issue (ie. too much load for the number of cores). If your running a 6 core or better and its having trouble, its not the CPU.
Anyway, I would probably try using DDUtil in between VspMgr and PowerSDR. (i.e. treat RCForb as any other PC program that needs to communicate with PowerSDR).

Darrin ke9ns
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
Flex-5000, LDMOS and Titan Amps, G5RV, and Mosley TA-33 Junior