Remote Operation using ONLY AnyDesk

Anything related to Remotely operating PowerSDR, including all your accessories (Tuners, Amps, Antenna rotor, etc.)
ke9ns
Site Admin

Remote Operation using ONLY AnyDesk

Post by ke9ns »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGacg5_Ciig

Example demonstration of Full 2-way Bi-Directional Audio, and Full Remote Desktop operation running PowerSDR ke9ns v2.8.0 using ONLY AnyDesk, allowing to you transmit Mic audio as well as Receive audio from anywhere with an internet connection.

This Video was recorded with OBS Studio on a 2008 Macbook Pro laptop running Win10, with a wireless "Corsair Virtuoso" PC gamer headset, running "Equalizer APO" (setup for 6khz wide audio).

I remotely connect to my Ryzen Desktop running Win11 connected to my Flex-5000 and PowerSDR ke9ns v2.8 with Voicemeeter virtual audio cables.

AnyDesk provides very good Video and Audio for the bandwidth, and is "Free for personal use".
Much simpler setup & smoother operation than RDP, Teamviewer, or Zoom.

AnyDesk allows for full remote control of PowerSDR, and 1-way hi-fi audio.
But did you know that once your logged into your Radio PC Desktop, you can then run another instance of AnyDesk to log back into your Remote Laptop, and now you have full 2-way hi-fi audio.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AnyDesk needs to be installed on both Remote Laptop and Radio PC. Setup AnyDesk so you can Log into your Desktop from the Remote Laptop, and allow your Desktop to Log into your Remote Laptop.
NOTE: I installed the free Voicemeeter banana audio drivers on the Radio PC only. You can use any Virtual audio cable program, and you dont need it on the Remote Laptop side.

Remote PC (1 time setup):
1) AnyDesk on Remote Laptop: Setup Audio "Transmission" = Headset Mic, "Output" = Headset speaker.
2) Remote Laptop Windows "Sound" Playback default = Headset speaker, Recording default = Headset Mic.
3) Log into the Radio PC. The Top line of the AnyDesk window has a Shield. Click on the shield and check "Transmit Sound". (I FORGOT TO INCLUDE THIS IN THE VIDEO)

Radio PC (1 time setup):
1a) AnyDesk on Radio PC: Setup Audio "Transmission" Voicemeeter Aux Output, "Output" Voicemeeter input.
2a) Radio PC Windows "Sound" Playback default = Voicemeeter Input, Recording default = Voicemeeter Aux Output.
3a) Radio PC "PowerSDR" Set VAC1 DirectSound: IN = Voicemeeter Output, OUT=Voicemeeter Aux Input.
4a) Log into the your Remote Laptop. The Top line of the AnyDesk window has a Shield. Click on the shield and check "Transmit Sound". (I FORGOT TO INCLUDE THIS IN THE VIDEO)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Operation, Sitting in front of your Remote Laptop:
1b) Remote Laptop: AnyDesk Log into your Radio PC.
2b) Launch PowerSDR on your Radio PC and Activate VAC1.
3b) Viewing your RADIO PC Desktop, Run a new instance of AnyDesk from your RADIO PC, and Log into your Remote Laptop. (This is the part that gives you MIC audio back to PowerSDR).
4b) Click "Accept" button of the AnyDesk Chat window that pops up on your Remote Laptop. You can minimize this Chat window.
5b) Viewing your RADIO PC Desktop, you will now see a small window appear showing your Remote Laptop (its a crazy looking window). Minimize this small window (BUT DO NOT CLOSE OR END IT).
6b) Click on the PowerSDR MUX button. You should now have Mic audio back to PowerSDR.
Setup- General- Hardware Config- SpaceBar Latch ON/OFF. This will allow you to use the Spacebar to PTT the radio.

I suggest to go and download "Equalizer APO". This will create a permanent EQ built into your windows PC and really improve the sound of any PC gamer headset. You may need to search YouTube for help on how to set it up, but its worth it.

Free PowerSDR ke9ns v2.8.0 download at:
http://ke9ns.com/flexpage.html

Darrin
ke9ns
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
Flex-5000, LDMOS and Titan Amps, G5RV, and Mosley TA-33 Junior
EA3BV

Re: Remote Operation using ONLY AnyDesk

Post by EA3BV »

I read and read all the post and watched and watched the video but doesn´t have audio on laptop, all the steps I checked again ad ir is exactly but no audio at the other PC...
ke9ns
Site Admin

Post by ke9ns »

There is 1 thing I forgot to put into the video (but I did add it to the description below the video).

When your all connected to your Radio, from your Laptop, there is a small Shield towards the top right of the Anydesk screen.
Click on this shield and then click on "Transmit Sound" checkbox, otherwise you wont hear any sound.

If you did this and it did not work, email me screen shots of all the setup screens and I can take a look to see if I can spot anything.

Darrin
Creator of PowerSDR KE9NS v2.8, based on the Flex Radio PowerSDR v2.7.2 software.
EA3BV

Post by EA3BV »

ke9ns wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:46 pm
There is 1 thing I forgot to put into the video (but I did add it to the description below the video).

When your all connected to your Radio, from your Laptop, there is a small Shield towards the top right of the Anydesk screen.
Click on this shield and then click on "Transmit Sound" checkbox, otherwise you wont hear any sound.

If you did this and it did not work, email me screen shots of all the setup screens and I can take a look to see if I can spot anything.

Darrin
yes it is, with the activated shield (audio) on both sesions I ear.

Now only have a problem with my mic, in the desktop works perfcet (my voice) but in powerSDR on host (PC radio) only is noise.
w4ien

Post by w4ien »

What you have laid out here seems to be fine with versions previous to version 7 of Anydesk. Do you have any suggestions for activating the sound setup with version 7 of Anydesk? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ke9ns
Site Admin

Post by ke9ns »

I am currently using v7.0.4 and haven't noticed any difference?

I did notice that one time, I unplugged my wireless headset and ran AnyDesk (by accident), and since the device for the headset was not present, I had to reset and reboot everything once I plugged my headset back in.

Darrin
ke9ns
ke7hr

Post by ke7hr »

Is anyone doing CW remotely? I have WSJT-X working pretty well.

Paul KE7HR
--
Paul KE7HR
Phoenix, AZ USA
ke7hr

Post by ke7hr »

I found that the CWX tab doesn't just set the macros, but has a keyboard function as well. I have done some early testing using AnyDesk and it seems to work out ok.

Lots of functions in the software!

Thanks!
--
Paul KE7HR
Phoenix, AZ USA